Welcome To South Asian Union Forum
( NEW = Guests Can Reply On News Articles..)

You are currently viewing the forum as "Guest" which doesn't give you the same privilege as members to ask questions, post news or post comments in all forums. Click the Register button below to unlock the limitations of this website to start posting what ever the problam you may want to share...

Auto Membership. you can log in soon after registering with us.....

Login Name=
Any E-Mail Address=
Password=

Thats It......
Welcome To South Asian Union Forum

This is a discussion table for millions of south Asians living around the world to express their thoughts on the latest events. www.SouthAsianUnion.info is a powerful tool for all ethnic groups to share information, knowledge and wisdom.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
India Breaking News
Pakistan Breaking News
Sri Lanka Breaking News
Bangladesh Breaking News
Afghanistan Breaking News

Share | 

Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NewsBot

Sex : Male
I Am From... I Am From... : South Asia
Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : English

PostSubject: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:53 pm

New York, Aug 15 (PTI) Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan had an unnerving experience early this morning at the Newark Airport in the US when he was detained and questioned for about two hours before the Indian mission intervened and secured his release.

43-year-old Khan was detained by the immigration officers, who wanted to know why he was visiting the US and other such questions, after his name popped up on the computer screen at the counter.

The actor, who was heading towards Chicago to participate in the Independence Day celebrations, said it was a `little embarrassing` for a self-respecting man like him.

`It is a Muslim name and I think the name is common on their checklist,` he told Indian television channels over telephone.

In New Delhi, US Ambassador Timothy J Roemer described Khan as a `global icon`, who is a welcome guest in the US.

Sex : Male
Zodiac : Gemini
I Am From... I Am From... : Pakistan
Mother Tongue Mother Tongue : Urdu

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 pm

this fucker is shame to be a muslim.. end of the day he is a muslim, he is like it or not.
Back to top Go down
shannu

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:30 pm

he should change the name to a good hindu name..
muslim names are not really good this days to go global. .
Back to top Go down
lisa-bai

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:33 pm

U = you are
S = suspected becoz of..
A = after 9/11 we lost our mind !
If a famous global icon like king khan humiliated like that by US authorities just becoz he has a Muslim name ,what a bout the ordinary Muslims in "the country of democracy" USA...Salute the great America!!
Back to top Go down
Jammy

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:34 pm

I think the immigration officer was right. Its a globally known fact that Bollywood stars are frequently involved in Terrorist activities in India (good example is Sanjay Dutt who was arrested along with a pile of AK56's at home soon after the Bombay serial blaste). Americans do not need those morons to enter the country. Way to go Immigration Officers .. do not allow any Muslims into the country.
Back to top Go down
jammy

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Please let me know how many Firangs were involved in Terrorists activities in India? Most of them come to India as Tourists or for IT Business. Wothout them India would have been a 5th World country now(infact they are 4th world now). Please do not support these Bollywood goons. Answer this Question ... Why is Sanjay Dutt is free on streets out of Jail?? when he was caught with evidence of directly involving in Mumbai Blasts of 1993 ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shahrukh detained and later released at US airport   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1